When a parent, grandparent, or family member is diagnosed with Parkinson’s, you want to do everything in your power to ensure his or her safety, health, happiness, and quality of life. Fortunately, there are many resources, ranging from online support groups to in-home care in Jefferson County, to help you and your loved one in this new stage of life.
Two of the most widely recognized support programs for seniors with Parkinson’s and their families are:
- The American Parkinson Disease Association – A nationwide network of education and support programs, health and wellness activities, and events organized by state. You can learn how to support yourself and other family members, while also promoting quality of life for your loved one.
- The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation – The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation offers a list of local organizations that can assist you as you provide care and support a senior loved one with Parkinson’s.
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation – Founded by Michael J. Fox, this website provides insight into life with Parkinson’s and can help caregivers better understand the disease, its symptoms, and the best ways to provide care for a senior living with the condition.
- The Family Caregiver Alliance – As a caregiver, you’ll run into new and challenging situations almost daily. The Family Caregiver Alliance brings together caregivers from all over the country, giving them the opportunity to share their stories, get advice, and exchange Parkinson’s caregiving strategies.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke – The best family caregivers are those who are empowered with knowledge. This website gives information about the disease and symptoms, and can provide an outline on what to expect as Parkinson’s progresses.
To learn more about caring for a senior with Parkinson’s from the comfort of home, reach out to Home Care Assistance of Jefferson County today. We offer flexible hourly and live-in care and are proud to provide tailored Parkinson’s care Jefferson County families trust. Learn more about our trained caregivers and 100% satisfaction guarantee by scheduling a complimentary, no-obligation consultation. Call 303-987-5992 today.